Dental crowns are used by dentists to improve the function and look of your teeth. Many people need these crowns from time to time, particularly when their teeth are damaged. If you have a tooth that requires repair, schedule an appointment to discuss your options with a dentist. Your dentist will recommend the best treatment for your condition. Sometimes, the best option is a crown.
When Is It Necessary?
There are several instances when dental crowns might be necessary. However, your dentist will recommend the proper treatment for you based on your condition. Here are some situations in which you might have to get a dental crown.
- If you have a tooth that is weak, a dental crown might be used to help hold together the parts of the cracked tooth. This might happen as a result of tooth decay.
- Sometimes, people use these crowns to offer support to a tooth that already has a big filling in place, but where the natural tooth is minimally existent. If a large part of a tooth has been removed, this can help to protect the remaining tooth, as well as the filling. Fillings in Edmonton are commonly used when the natural tooth has some missing parts, due to decay or breakage.
- Dental crowns are also helpful when one needs to restore a broken tooth or one that is significantly worn out. This helps to provide more structure to the tooth and mouth.
- Sometimes a dental crown is used for covering a dental implant. People who get dental implants as a solution for missing teeth can use these crowns to cover the implants, if they desire.
- A dental crown can also be used for holding a dental bridge in position. If you have had dental bridges made, you can use crowns to hold them in place.
A dental crown has a cap shape that fits over the tooth. Most of these crowns are shaped to look like specific teeth, so that they create a comfy fit. This way, the crown helps to give a tooth its original size and shape. Besides, the crown can also improve the general structure if your tooth has been naturally deformed.
There are several reasons why people opt for dental crowns, such as to improve the size, shape or strength of a tooth, while at the same time improving its appearance. Your dentist might choose to use a dental crown as a precautionary step to make sure that your natural tooth remains strong and stable. You can also improve the shape, size and appearance of your tooth by using dental fillings in Edmonton.
If you have any dental concerns, consider scheduling an appointment with your dentist. This professional will examine your dental situation thoroughly and recommend the best treatment option for you. Dental crowns might be recommended if the dentist feels that they will be the best treatment option. Depending on your situation, the dentist might even recommend dental implants or fillings in Edmonton. Make sure you get a good dentist to do the treatment.